This unit takes over all tasks relating to exploration and the evaluation of petroleum resources, including geological and geophysical aspects in particular:
- Managing the data room and keeping data on the petroleum activities.
- Making available surveys data and promoting the areas falling within the marine waters of Lebanon.
- Studying and evaluating applications made by applicants to licenses from a geological and geophysical point of view.
- Study and valuation of petroleum resources in general and potential reserves in particular.
- Contributing to the study of requests and queries made by operators or rights holders from a geological and geophysical point of view.
- Saving physical and digital geological data and samples resulting from petroleum activities.
- Participating in the study of development and production plans submitted by right-holders.
- Following-up developments and internationally successful practices in new methods for exploration and preparing studies on how to introduce such methods in petroleum operations as well as monitoring the extent operators are practicing such techniques.
- Design, implementation and development of a digital data base for the storage, retrieval and interpretation of data and interpretations related to exploration and petroleum so as to satisfy the PA's internal needs as well as enable the PA to receive and store data from operators and right-holders and to promote or sell the data after the expiration of the confidentiality period of the data. The task must be implemented so as to facilitate the integration of the data bases among the units of the PA.
- Proposing measures for the modernization and development of work in the unit.
© 2018. Lebanese Petroleum Administration. All Rights Reserved.