This unit is responsible for undertaking all legal matters and issues related to licensing and exploration and production agreements, including for example:
- Monitor the compliance rights-holders’ and operators’ compliance with the provisions of the Petroleum Resources Act in marine waters and related decrees as well as compliance with exploration and production agreements and regulatory decisions issued by the Minister.
- Supervise the management of the petroleum register.
- Follow-up on licensing and the processes leading to the issue of licenses and their entry into the petroleum register.
- Prepare legal studies, draft laws and decrees in order to meet the needs of Sector and modernize the legal framework.
- Check and follow-up requests and inquiries from operators or right-holders from a legal point of view.
- Prepare files related to conflicts and issues related to the PA as well as follow-up processes of settlement and arbitration.
- Make recommendations and legal opinions for the other units and the Board with regard to the powers of the PA in accordance with current legislation in effect.
- Prepare versions of contracts and agreements that are used in negotiations with contractors and re-considered as needed.
© 2017. Lebanese Petroleum Administration. All Rights Reserved.