This unit is responsible for all matters relating to the quality of the systems operators and the extent of their adherence to the conditions of health and safety conditions and the environment and in particular:
- Study applications by applicants to licenses from the point of view of the quality of performance in operations: health, safety and the environmental protection.
- Study and follow-up of requests and inquiries from operators or rights-holders with respect to quality of operations; health; safety and the environmental protection.
- Study plans related to the quality of performance, health, safety, environmental protection and contingency plans.
- Monitor the readiness of operators to meet accidents and emergency.
- Receive reports on accidents and incidents from operators and take the necessary measures to deter such events both in the near and long term.
- Study the extent and boundaries of safety zones.
- Coordinate with the competent authorities in aspects related to environmental matters.
- Monitor the compliance by operators with regulations on safety, systems for workers protection, health and the environment.
- Review studies on environmental impact assessments in coordination with the relevant authorities.
- Study the impact of operations on the environment, occupational health and safety, local communities and the global environment.
- Monitor facilities and audit their performance to ensure compliance of petroleum operations with environmental as well as health and safety standards.
- Propose measures for the modernization and development of work in the unit.
© 2017. Lebanese Petroleum Administration. All Rights Reserved.