Managing HSE in the sector
Managing Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) will ensure the protection of lives and of the environment as well as the safety of work through fulfilling standards and procedures, planning, implementing, monitoring and optimising processes.
At LPA, we strive to have a leading role in safety and environmental stewardship by fostering a proactive culture of risk reduction, social and environmental responsibility and compliance among all stakeholders in offshore O&G activities to ensure HSE management.
The scope of Health, Safety and Environment components in the offshore oil and gas sector in Lebanon consist of:
- Technical & Operational Safety: major disaster risk, process safety, integrity assurance of design, equipment, structures, etc.
- Occupational Safety: the impact of instantaneous events, occurring at the workplace, on workers resulting in immediate or anticipated injuries that may lead to temporary or permanent disability or death such as slips; trips; falls; trapped body parts; cuts to skin or body parts; etc.;
- Occupational Health: the impact of long term and repeated exposure to hazards on the physical, mental and social well-being of workers in all occupations at workplace focusing solely on the chemical, physical, biological, ergonomic or psychological hazard agents that have the potential to cause either short term [i.e. acute] or long term [i.e. chronic] illness;
- Environment: the impact of routine and repeated events on the social and natural surroundings resulting from normal or planned activities and operations.
- Prevent and reduce as far as possible the occurrence of major accidents and limit their consequences on the people, environment and assets;
- Preserve and protect the environment and communities, in particular the marine environment and coastal economies against pollution;
- Rationalize the utilization Conservation of Lebanon’s natural resources;
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace condition for protecting the well-being of the people; and
- Protect Lebanon’s reputation, and image and the public interest.
- Integrity through objectiveness, fairness, professionalism and consistency
- Impartiality and independence
- Excellence and Innovation
- Maintain public trust
Any Party taking part in Petroleum Activities shall at all times adhere to the following principles:
- Prudent Activities
- Duty of Care
- Risk Reduction Principle
- “See to It” Principle
- Use of normative documents and recognized standards
- Environmental Protection
- Polluter pays
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Precautionary principle
- Preventive Action and Best Available Technology (BAT)