Results of the second prequalification round to participate in lebanon’s first offshore licensing round
Pursuant to the Minister of Energy and Water’s Decision no. 1/m dated 26/01/2017 (completion of Lebanon’s
First Offshore Licensing Round), and specifically article 3 related to undertaking a prequalification round,
and pursuant to the Lebanese Petroleum Administration’s (LPA) Decision related to companies that were
prequalified in 2013 and were requested to update their files, the Minister of Energy and Water announces
- The companies that were prequalified in 2013 updated their files through the submission of supporting
documents evidencing whether the company is subject to any change(s) that could affect the
prequalification criteria. Additionally, the companies prequalified in 2013 provided their financial
statements for the years 2014 and 2015 (audited) and 2016 (unaudited).
- Two companies that were prequalified in 2013 as Right Holders Non-Operators have submitted two new
prequalification applications to pre-qualify as Right Holders Operators.
- The LPA has received eight (8) new prequalification applications for the second prequalification
- The LPA reached out to companies through the provision of guidance regarding the pre-qualification
process, during and after the consultation workshop held in Beirut on 23/02/2017. The LPA has also
published online guidance documents and answered the questions raised by companies in a timely and
precise manner. The LPA has evaluated the submission packages to ensure the eligibility of each
Applicant and the compliance with legal, financial, technical and QHSE requirements mandated by the
Prequalification Decree no. 9882/2013 and its annexes. LPA has been assisted throughout the evaluation
process by a number of external international consultants that provided support to the evaluation
process covering legal, technical & QHSE, financial and process matters.
- The results of the second prequalification round are as follows:
- Prequalified companies in 2017:
ONGC Videsh Limited
Sapurakencana Energy Sdn Bhd
Sonatrach International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation (SIPEX BVI)
Qatar Petroleum International Limited
New Age (African Global Energy) Limited
- Prequalified companies in 2013: The companies that were prequalified in 2013 and have not notified the LPA of any change in their status, are still pre-qualified to participate in Lebanon’s First Offshore Licensing Round provided that they confirm that they still meet the eligibility criteria by submitting the notification letter and their financial statements for the years 2014 and 2015 (audited) and 2016 (unaudited) before the submission of the bids.
- Disqualification of companies prequalified in 2013:
Concerning Novatek and GPB Global Resources BV which were prequalified as a group of companies according to article 3.3 of the Prequalification Decree no. 9882/2013, Novatek which was the reference company in this joint application, has notified the LPA that it is no longer part of the unincorporated joint venture with GPB Global Resources BV. JSC Novatek has submitted an individual application for the second prequalification round. Accordingly, the group Novatek - GPB Global Resources BV has been disqualified and JSC Novatek has been individually prequalified as a Right Holder Non-Operator.
Pre-qualification Application Package
Pre-qualification Results Presentation
Pre-qualified Companies Booklet